Hang tight! We're processing your request...
In a few seconds, you'll be redirected from the Visa Gift Card issuer site to GoWallet.com,
which is also operated by Blackhawk Network, Inc.
Click here if you're not redirected in 5 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Your Gift Card
- What is a Visa Gift Card?
- The Gift Card is a prepaid Visa debit card that carries an amount determined at the time of purchase.
- How do I use my Card?
- Your Visa Gift Card can be used to purchase merchandise and services anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the United States. Each time the card is used, the amount that is spent will automatically be deducted from the remaining balance. You should select the "credit" option when making a purchase at any merchant with an electronic terminal.
- How can I check the balance on my Card?
- There are three ways you can keep track of your balance as follows: visit www.giftcardmall.com/mygift, call the number on the back of your card or dial 1-888-524-1283 to make automated balance inquiries 24/7, or track your balance as you spend. Some retailers do not have access to the remaining balance on your card account so it’s important to always know the balance before using your card.
- Why do I need to register my Card?
- It's necessary to register your card in the event your card is ever lost or stolen so that we can send you a replacement card. It helps identify you as the cardholder if there are any unauthorized transactions. In addition, your Card must be registered if you wish to use it for online or telephone purchases. Online and telephone purchases often require that the "billing address" for your purchase match the address on file for your card. Without such confirmation, the merchant might decline your purchase even if there are sufficient funds on your card.
- Can I give my Card to someone else?
- Once you have used your Gift Card or registered your Card with your information then you must not give it to anyone else to use.
- Do fees apply after my Card was purchased?
- No. There are no additional fees after purchase.
- Do the funds on my Card expire?
- No, the funds on your card do not expire.
- Does my Card expire?
- Yes, subject to applicable law, your Card will no longer work when the remaining value on it is equal to $0 or the “valid thru” date printed on the front of your Card has passed. If funds still remain on your card after the “valid thru” date, please call the number on the back of your card or dial 1-888-524-1283 to have a replacement Card with an updated “valid thru” date issued and mailed to you at no cost. The balance on your card will remain the same.
- Can I add more money to my Card?
- No, the Card is disposable and cannot be reloaded with additional funds. Once the Card has been fully redeemed, it should be destroyed. Do not give your Card to a merchant to destroy.
- Can I transfer the balance on one Gift Card to another Gift Card?
- No. Your Card balance cannot be transferred to another Gift Card.
- Are there any restrictions when using my Card?
- Yes, your Card is not redeemable for cash, except as required by law. It cannot be used at ATMs, for gambling, for recurring billing purchases, or at merchants requiring a manual card imprint. Additional restrictions may apply.
- What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
- If your card is lost or stolen, please log-in to your account using your email address and password. Once you have accessed your account, click on the card in your wallet that is lost or stolen and select the Lost/Stolen feature. If you are unable to locate your card number or log-in credentials, please call us at the number on the back of your card or dial 1-888-524-1283.
Using Your Gift Card
- Can I use my Card outside of the United States?
- No, your Card may only be redeemed within the United States (excluding U.S. Territories).
- What if my purchase is greater than the balance available on my Card?
- You must advise the merchant of the current balance available on your Card. The merchant may complete a split tender transaction and charge your card for the available balance. The remaining amount of your purchase would require another form of payment. Not all merchants accept split tenders.
- Can I use my Card at restaurants?
- Yes, however, some restaurants may factor in an additional 20% (or more) to cover any tip you may leave on the purchase. If this occurs, and your total bill after adding in the additional 20% (or more), exceeds the amount available on the Card, it will be declined. It is a good idea to ensure that your Card has an available balance that is at least 20% more than your total bill prior to use.
- Can I use my Card at hotels or rental car companies?
- Yes, some hotels or rental car companies may choose to factor in additional amounts upon check-in. It may take up to sixty (60) days after your stay or your rental to have any excess funds held by the hotel or rental car company added back to your card.
- Can I use my Card to pay at the pump at gasoline stations?
- The ability to use your Card to pay at the pump will vary by merchant. We recommend that you prepay for gas inside with an attendant instead of swiping your Card at the pump to avoid an authorization hold on your funds for more than the purchase amount.
- Can I use my Card to withdraw cash from an ATM?
- No, you can’t use your card to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Why would my Card decline at restaurants or other service industries when I have enough money left in my Card to cover the bill?
- Some restaurants and other service-oriented merchants may factor in an additional 20% (or more) to cover any tip you may leave on the purchase. If this occurs, and your total bill, after adding in the additional 20% (or more), exceeds the amount available on the Card, it will be declined. Accordingly, you may want to ensure that your Card has an available balance that is 20% (or greater) than your total bill prior to use. Similarly, some hotels choose to factor in additional amounts upon check-in, and it may take up to thirty (30) days after your stay to have any excess amounts held by the hotel added back to your available balance.
- What if I cancelled a transaction I made with the merchant?
- If you cancelled a transaction with the merchant after it was processed, it may take 3-5 business days for the authorization hold to be removed from your Card. You will not have access to these funds during this time.
- What should I do if my Card is declined?
- If a transaction is declined, your Card's available balance may be less than the transaction amount. You may inform the merchant of the remaining balance on the card and use another form of payment to pay the difference. This is subject to the policy of the merchant. Make sure you select the “credit” option when making a purchase and not debit or gift card. Also, your Card may be declined when making an online or phone purchase if you have not yet registered it. When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information registered to your Card.
- Why does my transaction show pending for more than the actual transaction amount?
- Some service-oriented merchants (such as restaurants, hotels, salons, or gas stations) may authorize your transaction for an amount greater than the actual amount as the final amount of the sale is not yet known. The additional amount is only a “hold” added to cover any tips or incidental expenses. The final transaction amount we receive from the merchant will be deducted from your actual card balance - usually within 3-5 business days. A transaction could be declined if the transaction plus additional amount exceeds the balance on the card.
- Can I obtain a PIN for my gift card?
- Yes, you may add an optional Personal Identification Number (PIN) to your card through the website or by calling the number on the back of the card. Note the PIN can only be used for purchases and cannot be used to obtain cash at ATM’s or cash back with a purchase.
- Can I use my PIN to withdraw cash at ATM or merchant locations?
- No, this PIN number is for debit purchases at merchant locations only.
- How do I create my optional 4 digit PIN?
- Simply select “SET PIN” on the Home Page and follow the prompts. Retain this PIN in your personal records, as this PIN will not be stored anywhere in your Cardholder Account. You may change this PIN at any time, as long as your card is still active.
- Should I press “debit” or “credit” on the keypad when using my card at merchants?
- If you do not have a PIN, press the “credit” button and sign for your purchases. If you have set up an optional PIN, you may choose to press the “debit” button and enter your PIN, or you may choose “credit” and sign for the purchase. Note that you cannot get cash back at merchants.
- Why can’t I access my pre-existing user account on www.giftcardmall.com/mygift?
- Your Visa Gift Card issuer has partnered with Blackhawk Network, Inc. (the creators of GoWallet.com and GoWallet Mobile) to make it easier for you to manage all your gift cards on one site. Upon logging into your My Visa Gift Card account on giftcardmall.com/mygift, you will be asked to transition your Visa Gift Card information to GoWallet. Once you’ve accepted the transition, you will simply use GoWallet to access your gift cards. From GoWallet, you’ll have access to all the same features as you did on your My Visa Gift account, plus you can add other non-Visa gift cards to your account as well! If you decide to decline the transition, you can still Update your card PIN and check your balances on gowallet.com/visagift or giftcardmall.com/mygift.